Thursday 21 July 2011

Under the front deck. Painting.

Yesterday was the first time I did any work on the boat as opposed to poncing about taking photos and discussing the design.
My mission was to clean out the dust and debris under the front deck and get a coat of primer on.
As usual when working in a confined space with a roller I also got myself well painted.

I did this whilst Dave was still welding guards on outside so it was a bit hot, smelly and noisy in there.

                                                                     BEFORE


AFTER
This is now the view forward showing the gas locker. The grey primer looks very nice doesn't it.
I hope it sticks as well to the steel as it did to my head.

The base plate will be glossed and the hull sides will be covered in spray foam.



No comments:

Post a Comment